Four separate oversize permit loads of transformers will begin on July 19, 2012. As stated, one transformer will be moved at a time approximately one week apart. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) will provide traffic control during the operation.
Below is the schedule and location of the first load:
Thursday, July 19 between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.
- Load will travel from southbound SR 177 twestbound I-10 and travel for about 3.5 miles.
- The load will then cross over the median with full closure of I-10 for approximately 15 minutes.
- The load will then continue on eastbound I-10 tWiley Well Rd. and exit.
- During this period no vehicles will be permitted to drive past the load.
- CHP will allow traffic to pass the load intermittently once the traffic queues lengthen.
The load is expected to move at slow speeds so motorists are advised to avoid travel during the operation to avoid delays.